In exceptional circumstances it’s possible that VMware View Agent will not work properly in your desktop template. If this occurs some features such as ThinPrint and USB redirection might not be properly activated. These issues might happen after a View Agent upgrade or after a unsuccessful uninstallation of View Agent, specially if you are trialling Beta versions of the product.
I thought would be good to share the solution.
This step-by-step recipe should help you to fix VMware Agent issues in most situations.
- Connect to VM or Template from vCenter Console
- Uninstall VMware View Agent
- Uninstall VMware Tools
- Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Tools
- Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM
- Delete C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\*.*
- Delete C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\*.*
- Delete C:\Documents an Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\*.*
- Reboot VM
- Install VMware Tools (Complete)
- Install VMware View Agent (Latest release)